International School of Sustainable Tourism (ISST) is a private non-stock and non-profit corporation established in 2010 in the Philippines. It is an organization dedicated to education and technical training of manpower to develop, promote and viably operate sustainable tourism in the Philippines and other ASEAN countries. Also, it is dedicated to the improvement of the lives of the people of communities with ecological resources that need to be preserved and can be sustainably used for tourism.
With its competent faculty/staff, ISST has the capability of reaching out to people for the training that will empower them to viably manage their communities so that it will earn for them income and livelihood in tourism. ISST helps inculcate in tourism stakeholders and visitors the values of responsible tourism, where people interact with nature in a mutually beneficial relationship.
A trainers’ training institute with noted international lecturers/resource speakers from various parts of the world, it has experience based learning programs. The ISST offers intensive short term courses (3 days – 3 months) specifically designed for the executive, the working class and new graduate who are looking to expand their tourism business, specialize in certain field or improve their knowledge on certain tourism aspect.
View/download our Corporate Brochure.
The International School of Sustainable Tourism is committed to be the premiere school in Asia Pacific by 2025 that will produce highly competent graduates in tourism and hospitality management by promoting sustainable development and inclusive growth in communities the Philippines and around ASEAN.
- To provide innovative, multi-disciplinary and best practices trainings and short term courses in sustainable tourism.
- To undertake consultancy and community extension services for sustainable tourism awareness and appreciation.
- To undertake timely and responsive basic and applied research in sustainable tourism useful for education and planning.
- To explore market opportunities in ASEAN and the rest of the world for sustainable tourism training that will bring about economic benefits to the communities.
- To create quality training/ knowledge base that protects the environment and promotes respect for heritage and culture.