Global Farm Tourism Summit 2018
“One of the most exciting things that happened in the history of tourism after ecotourism is sustainable tourism.” (Costas Christ, Editor-in-Chief, National Geographic Traveler)
In the call for a sustainable future, there is growing interest in more healthy forms of travel and experience. Farm tourism is one such nature-seeking activity that provides a different kind of pleasure and experience. Farm tourism is the business of attracting visitors and travelers to farm areas, generally for educational and recreational purposes, that encourages economic activity and can provide both farm and community income. An enhanced consciousness of healthy living, reconnecting with nature, and thirst for new experiences has led people to rediscover agriculture through farm tourism.
This global trend has created new livelihoods for farm families and contributed to the rural economy.
The International School of Sustainable Tourism (ISST), with like-minded institutions, continues in its mission to bring farm tourism in the Southeast Asian region and other regions to new heights through the Global Farm Tourism Summit (GFTSummit 2018).
GFTSummit 2018 will gather vast experiences, practices, insights, technologies, and products from all over the world. It will open channels and networks from one country to another for farm tourism development.
This year’s conference will highlight the role of farm tourism in attaining the United Nation’s Sustainable Development Goals through:
1. Inclusive and sustainable economic growth;
2. Social inclusiveness, employment, and poverty reduction;
3. Resource efficiency, environmental protection, and climate change;
4. Cultural values, diversity, and heritage; and
5. Mutual understanding, peace, and security.
The three-day conference aims to:
- Increase awareness on the benefits of adding a tourism component to farms;
- Share best practices and success stories from local and international experts;
- Provide experiential learning through farm visits;
- Promote farm tourism destinations, travel packages, and products;
- Provide a venue to promote and sell raw farm produce such as vegetables and fruits, packaged food items, non-edible souvenir items, or other innovative retail items that would showcase the country’s products and services; and
- Create a directory of farm tourism establishments and sites for network building.
The conference will include presentations by experts and practitioners, panel sessions, and open floor Q&A sessions designed to provide a venue for participants to reflect and learn from the resource speakers.
- The More, the Merrier: Success Stories from Farm Tourism Communities
- Learn New Marketing Strategies for Your Farm
- Start ‘Em Young: Listen to experiences of Millennial Farmers
- Share Easy and Doable Organic Practices
- Preserve Natural and Cultural Heritage through
- Farm Tourism
- Climate-resilient Farm Tourism Practices
- Make Your Farm Stay One-of-a-Kind
- Do-it-yourself: Innovative Farm Products
Online Registration Form: http://bit.ly/GFTS2018
Inclusive of Registration Fee: Conference Materials, Certificate of Completion, AM and PM snacks, Lunch, Farm Visit (entrance, meals and transportation)
Early Bird (until June 17 only) : Php 7,500.00
Regular Delegate : Php 8,500.00
Philippine Government Delegate : Php 6,500.00
Foreign Delegate : USD 165
For sponsorship, please click downloadable forms here:
For exhibition, please click downloadable forms here:
For other documents, please click downloadable forms here:
For registration particulars, get here: Registration Particulars
For event schedule, get here: GFTS 2018 Conference Schedule
Endorsements from relevant government agencies:
CO – PRESENTED BY:
IN COOPERATION WITH:
For more information, please contact:
|Mr. Mark Tinao |
Head of Business Development
International School of Sustainable Tourism
PTTC Building, Sen Gil Puyat Ave. cor.
Roxas Boulevard, Pasay City, Philippines
Tel.: +632 832 0996
|Ms. Nova A. Ramos |
Training Unit-Knowledge Management Department
Southeast Asian Regional Center for Graduate Study and Research in Agriculture (SEARCA)
College, Los Baños, Laguna, Philppines 4031
Tel.: +63 49 554 9330 to 36 (loc 3501)
+63 2 657 1300 to 1302 (loc 3501)
Mobile: +63 9172707726
|Ms Leah M. Rasonabe
Tourism Operations Officer II
Office of the Farm Tourism, Ecotourism
and Convergence Programs
Department of Tourism
(02) 459 5200 loc 318